Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia

Sara November 21, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Hi Gena,
I really enjoy your blog and get a lot of ideas and inspiration from it. I love cooking and wanted to pass on a recent chia pudding – more like jello – that I made:
I used 2 cups of coconut water and blended in about 5 or 6 thawed frozen strawberries so the water became pink and sweet with a few pieces of strawberry remaining. I then added some sliced fresh banana, a drizzle of coconut syrup, and a dash of vanilla extract. Finally, 3/4 cups of chia seeds and whisked in a bowl. It came out really yummy! I think you could use other liquid bases of coconut water, fresh apple juice or coconut milk. I think I may try 1 cup fresh orange juice, 1 cup coconut water, vanilla, and pieces of kiwi or banana next. Or apple juice and pieces of pear. Maybe blueberries and corn in the summer! Lots of options for a fruity breakfast (not your fave) or dessert.
Take care and keep on bloggin’

Jennifer June 27, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Hi Gena,
Thanks for the great ideas, recipes and inspiration. I am new to your blog and delight in all that I see! I just made your chia seed pudding and was thrilled at how simple and quick it was to make. I used hemp milk instead of almond and added cinnamon and raisins – a nod to an all-time fav of mine, rice pudding. YUM! I am eagerly anticipating eating it as I wait for it to set.
Thanks again for sharing and please keep it up!

Trish August 20, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I made this yesterday and served it over strawberries and mango, topped with sliced raw almonds. What an incredible treat! Hubby and I both loved it. I can’t wait to try more of the chia puddings. Thanks!

Richard March 27, 2013 at 10:44 pm

What is the best Chia seed you can buy?

Mera Buford August 17, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Cheers! I have my first box of organic chia seeds in my lifetime-in my kitchen. I know I’ll cherish every spoon full of them. Knowing of their wonderful wholesomeness I hoped to make something worthy of them. Ha ha! Now I think I’ll make this chia pudding! Thanks for a wonderful idea.

urdu jokes December 20, 2013 at 8:43 am

Innovativeness is exceptionally critical when composing a Urdu jokes as it shows what amount of the message intends to the sender and also adding an individual touch to the whole message.

The Gilded Sprout March 31, 2014 at 12:11 pm

These look great! I have just started making chia pudding and love it. I usually make mine with a combination of coconut milk and kefir.
Thank you for sharing the recipes!